Hazelnuts are one of the most nutritious nuts. They are an excellent source of vitamin E, dietary fiber, magnesium, and heart healthy B vitamins. Recent research also shows that hazelnuts are one of the highest natural sources of antioxidants.
– hazelnuts are a rich source of nutrients that have cardioprotective benefits. These nutrients include vitamin E, folate, B vitamins
– they have one the lowest percentages of saturated fat and one of the best nut sources of heart healthy mono- and polyunsaturated fats. Numerous studies have shown unsaturated fats can lower blood cholesterol and help decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease which make hazelnuts as a great heart-smart snacks.
– they have been specifically listed as one of the richest sources of vitamin E and the guidelines suggest choosing hazelnuts more often to help meet vitamin E recommendations.
– hazelnuts are one of the highest natural sources of antioxidants among “superfoods” and are one of the most antioxidant-rich nuts.
– help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, delay the onset of dementia and lower blood pressure
(from natural food benefits)