Skin is the largest organ in the body and one of the most important elimination organs. Skin plays a big role in daily detoxification. Skin receives a third of all the blood that is circulated in the body and when the blood is full of toxic materials, problems will reflect on our skin. It is the last organ to receive nutrients in the body and the first to shows signs of imbalance or deficiency.
I have recently started to dry brushing my skin and feel absolutely amazing. I noticed big different in my skin overall appearance. I brush my skin first thing in the morning working in gentle circular, upward motions, then longer, smoother strokes. I always begin at my feet and work up my legs one at a time. It is important to brush in the same direction always towards heart. Then I move up to mid – section (front and back) and brush my back from the neck down to the lower back, finishing by brushing up my arms toward armpits. After few minutes of dry brushing I move into my face using face brush and then have a quick shower to wash away the dead skin and if I feel like it I alternate temperature in the shower from hot to cold to stimulate blood circulation and then I am set for an energising and perfect day
Benefits of dry skin brushing include:
• Increasing the circulation to the skin could possibly reduce the appearance of cellulite. Cellulite is toxic material accumulated in your body’s fat cells. So, rather than take drastic measures like liposuction, how about utilizing the dry skin brushing techniques to help break down unwanted toxins?
• Dry body brushing helps shed dead skin cells (and encourages new cell renewal), which results in smoother and brighter skin. It can also help with any pesky ingrown hairs.
• It assists in improving vascular blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. By releasing toxins, it encourages the body’s discharge of metabolic wastes so the body is able to run more effectively.
• Dry skin brushing rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin (and it feels pretty great, too!).
• It helps with muscle tone and gives you a more even distribution of fat deposits.
• Dry skin brushing helps your skin to absorb nutrients by eliminating clogged pores.