Cashew nuts are actually seeds that stick to the bottom of the cashew apple, the fruit of the cashew tree, which is native to Brazil. The seed we know as the kidney-shaped cashew “nut” is delicate in flavour and firm, but slightly spongy, in texture.
Few benefits of cashew nuts:
– cashew nuts have a high energy density and high amount of dietary fiber, both have been attributed to a beneficial effect on weight management, but only when eaten in moderation
– good body builder
– it contains healthy monounsaturated fat that promotes good cardiovascular health, be-cause monounsaturated fats reduce high triglyceride levels which are associated with in-creased risk for heart disease.
– cashew is rich in antioxidants that help in the elimination of free radicals that may cause some cancer
– it has no cholesterol
– cashew helps maintain healthy gums and teeth.
– it is an energizing food
– cashew nut consumption helps the body utilize iron, eliminate free radicals, develop bone and connective tissue, and produce the skin and hair pigment melanin
– cashew’s has high copper content is vital in energy production, greater flexibility in blood vessels, bones and joints.
(from natural food benefits)